The exchange service, and the limited options for using exchange hours in particular, creates a lot of upheaval in the group. It also creates an extra workload for our teaching assistants. For this reason, it will no longer be possible to accrue exchange hours beginning 1 January 2023. Previously accrued exchange hours will remain valid for 365 days after the cancelled day and can be used up to and including 31 December 2023.
Taking exchange hours.
- You can submit an exchange request at any time via the email address you receive from your location.
- You can submit an exchange request three months in advance. When you hear whether the application has been approved, differs per location.
- You can always cancel an exchange request that has not yet been approved, while retaining exchange hours.
Assessment of exchange requests.
- The earliest exchange request submitted will be processed first. This is the most fair.
- Exchange requests are approved if there is sufficient space on the group, in such a way that it fits within the laws and regulations. This means that a maximum of the legally permitted number of children can be cared for at the location and that the professional-child ratio is not exceeded. The quality of our service is paramount. For more information, visit the website of the central government.
- We naturally strive to offer your child a place in his or her regular group. If there is only room on another group, we always first discuss whether you want to make use of this.
Validity of exchange hours.
You can try to use exchange hours that you accrued before 2023 from the date of deregistration until one year after the childcare day you deregistered, until 31 December 2023. We always use the first accrued exchange hours. In the parent app you can see how many exchange hours you have left. You can find it under 'Account – Features – Credits'.
- Exchange hours can be used once. If your child does not come on the agreed exchange day, you cannot use the exchange hours used again.
- You can take the child-related exchange hours with you if you change location.
- Is your child switching from daycare to after-school care? Then the accrued exchange hours from the day care will expire.
- When the childcare contract is terminated, the accrued exchange hours will expire. After the last contract day you can no longer use exchange hours. Did you use exchange hours after termination of the childcare contract? Then unfortunately these are no longer valid and you will receive an invoice for these hours.
- Exchange hours are child-related.
- If you purchase more childcare hours on a day than the number of exchange hours you still have, you will receive an invoice for all childcare hours. No exchange hours will be used on this day.
- You can only use exchange hours that have already been accrued.
- Exchange hours cannot be exchanged for cash.
Frequently asked questions about exchange hours.
Can I have my exchange hours paid out?
No, exchange is a service.
- We count on your child on the fixed day.
- On that day, we deploy the legally required number of employees.
- You will therefore not receive a refund if your child does not come for a day.
Can I use my exchange hours after I have canceled my contract?
No, this is not possible. As soon as the contract ends, the accrued exchange hours expire.
Are accrued exchange hours transferable?
No, exchange hours are linked to a contract. This means that you cannot pass on accrued exchange hours to another child, not even in your family. This also applies if your child transfers from day care to out-of-school care. You cannot take the exchange hours with you to the out-of-school care.
How does the parent portal work?
Read more about the parent portal here.
Why is it (almost) not possible to exchange a day?
Lately it has become more and more difficult for us to fulfill an exchange request. This is due to the national staff shortage and high absenteeism due to illness. We also want to always deliver the quality you are used to from us. You can still exchange, just less often than we would like.
I sometimes hear that other children have been opted out. Why is there no place to take care of my child and use exchange hours?
Sometimes we hear (too) late that other children are not coming. We have already told you that we have to reject your request to exchange.
We sometimes choose to deploy employees differently. For example, we let them replace a sick colleague or do tasks that improve the quality of the reception.
Why can't my child be cared for in a different group if I want to use exchange hours?
The composition of the group and the deployment of personnel is subject to laws and regulations. For example, no more than the maximum allowed number of children may be taken care of in a group and at a location. The number of children that an employee may take care of is also determined by law. This is called the BKR ratio, we are checked on it by the GGD.
In addition, we think it is important that children feel safe and familiar in a group. We try to switch between groups as little as possible.
I have another question about exchanges. Where can I ask this question?
Our customer advisors are ready to answer your questions. View all contact options.