Complaints, points for improvement and compliments.
At Skar, we really appreciate your opinion. We are happy with compliments and suggestions, but we also welcome tips and complaints. Any feedback is used to improve the services we provide. Please discuss anything with those directly involved, such as the staff member or location manager, so they can take action immediately.
If you can’t resolve the issue together, please send us a message using our customer feedback form.
1. We believe that dissatisfaction should be tackled at the root, where it started. We ask parents and staff members to keep an open dialogue about anything they’re unhappy with. If the conversation does not lead to resolution, or if you wish to report your dissatisfaction to the organisation, please complete the form for customer feedback below. This form is sent directly to the Pedagogy & Quality department of our parent company Wij zijn JONG.
2. You will receive a written response within one week, with information about who will be dealing with your feedback. In most cases, the person dealing with your feedback will be the manager of your location or a staff member at one of the supporting departments. The Pedagogy & Quality department registers how the customer feedback is processed and records the agreements made. We strive to offer you a suitable resolution within three weeks after receipt of your feedback.
3. After processing the customer feedback, the Pedagogy & Quality department will get in touch to check that you are happy with the proposed solution and the process, and feed back the agreements in place. After this, you will receive a written response and your feedback is officially closed.
4. If necessary or desired, we will implement improvement across the organisation, with the help of the managing director and cluster manager. The Parents’ Committee will be involved in any changes if necessary.
What if you don't agree with the solution?
If your feedback is not resolved satisfactorily, you may contact the Childcare Complaints Office or the Disputes Board. You can also contact the Disputes Board directly if circumstances prevent you from submitting your feedback to those directly involved. Your query must be submitted to the Disputes Board within 12 months after we received your original feedback.
The following disputes cannot be processed:
- Disputes that do not relate to the quality of childcare;
- Disputes relating to non-payment of an invoice, if there is no substantive associated reason;
- Disputes relating to damage resulting in death, physical injury or illness.
The Disputes Board is very accessible; you do not need a solicitor to contact the Board. The decision is binding.
Public annual report.
The Public annual report on Customer Feedback describes the nature and processing method of customer feedback received over the previous year.