VACATION CARE: 11 weeks
Whichever contract you choose, you can always supplement your contract with additional vacation days. You decide how many vacation days you purchase. There is no required minimum or maximum. Do you only need childcare during vacation periods? That is possible, too!
Special vacation program
Vacation means vacation! That must be celebrated. During vacation periods, we offer a special vacation program with a great variety of activities inside and outside the location. Every day has a specific theme, such as technology, sports & games, arts & culture, nature, or multimedia. The locations undertake large and small activities related to these themes. In addition, a number of large-scale activities are offered for multiple locations at the same time: the so-called mega-activities.
Would you like to register your son or daughter? Then please click on the button below.
You can leave your child in our care during a maximum of 11 weeks of vacation. We are closed on national holidays.
It can be very convenient to purchase the necessary number of vacation days at the beginning of the year!
- You can purchase the necessary number of vacation days at the beginning of the year. We can then charge you equal amounts per month, spaced out over several months. This may be convenient for you, since it prevents you from having to submit varying numbers of hours to the Tax Administration. We therefore recommend that you purchase any vacation days as early as possible.
- You may only purchase whole days during vacation periods. Half-days are not possible. In this way, the children can enjoy the daily vacation program activities without disruption.
- Vacation Care is possible for a minimum of 1 whole day and a maximum of five whole days per week. Some activities take 3 whole days, for example, our musical camp.
- Any vacation days you purchased can be used during all school vacations.
- If you need more Vacation Care, you can always purchase additional vacation days.
- Any vacation days purchased remain valid for one calendar year (1 January to 31 December).
- All vacation days that have been purchased but not used expire after 31 December.
What does this mean in practice?
- The locations are open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- A vacation day always includes fruit, a Dutch lunch (sandwiches), juice and a healthy snack.
- All activities and day trips (including any transport) are included in the rate.
- Your child must be present before 9 a.m. so that we can start that day's program on time. We often have a daily program during which the children are leaving the location or a professional third party is visiting (such as an artist).
- Vacation days can only be used during official vacation weeks as determined by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. The exchange of vacation days is subject to the rules of our Exchange Service.
- Vacation Care is not location-specific. You can, however, indicate your preferences with regard to locations/activities.
- Any vacation days you wish to use during a vacation period must be reserved via the Parents’ Portal. We will send you a request to do so via email or via the location. The sooner you reserve the days you require childcare and tell us when you will be going on vacation yourself, the easier it will be for us to honor childcare requests.
- We can guarantee placement if you reserve your vacation days at least six weeks prior to the vacation period. If you inform us of your schedule or purchase vacation days at a later time, we can only offer childcare based on availability.
- Your location's vacation program can be found on the location page of our website.
Every year, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (in Dutch: OC&W) determines the vacation weeks for the coming school year. Our Vacation Care is based on their decision. However, schools may deviate somewhat from the weeks designated by OC&W.
Our locations will take the vacation periods of your school into account as much as possible and anticipate them.
See all vacations
The government helps pay for childcare. Would you like to know what you would have to pay? Please contact us for a personalized advice.